[Termination tools] problem database for logic programs?

Claude Marche Claude.Marche at lri.fr
Wed Mar 31 12:42:03 CEST 2004

    Fred> Hi,
    Fred> I may help, I have some benchs for LP,
    Fred> including large ISO-Prolog files.

    Fred> There are however a few problems to solve, eg:
    Fred> - which license?  (I am not the author of the programs.)

I do not understand the problem: you have source files, and the licence is
supposed to be given in the source.

    Fred> - which queries?

You have to figure out, because the query/ies is part of the prolog.

    Fred> Moreover, inside the LP community, we have
    Fred> addressed the following problems:
    Fred> - termination check (pure logic programs, ISO-Prolog, pure typed logic
    Fred> programs, Mercury programs)
    Fred> - termination inference (pure logic programs, ISO-Prolog, pure typed
    Fred> logic programs)
    Fred> - non-termination inference (pure logic programs)

    Fred> Right now, I don't have much time!
    Fred> What is the deadline?

There is no deadline for sending new problems to be added to the TPDB,
it can be done at any time. It is independant of the competition, even
if it is likely that problems will be selected from the current state
of the TPDB.

The main pb you point out is the syntax of input of LP programs, and
moreover the syntax of the input query. These are not solved yet. For
the moment adding the queries as comment in the source files will be
OK.

--
| Claude Marché           | mailto:Claude.Marche at lri.fr |
| LRI - Bât. 490          | http://www.lri.fr/~marche/  |