[Termination tools] Several issues

Claude Marche Claude.Marche at lri.fr
Thu Apr 14 17:17:08 CEST 2005

    >> Also, the timeout needs not to be necessarily the same for each
    >> problem. One could imagine a way to enlarge the timeout, for all the
    >> problems that have not been solved this year. It could even be done
    >> automatically : if a problem is not solved by any tool, then we rerun
    >> the tools with a larger timeout. Imagine we do that
    >> first with 1 second, then 10, then 1 minute, then 5 minutes : I guess
    >> TTT will be pleased with that !

    Juergen> I think that even if there is a system
    Juergen> that can solve a problem in 1 second, it is still interesting to know
    Juergen> whether other systems can probably solve it in 10 seconds. But I agree

I expected this answer from you, of course. But my proposal could be
made less strict. For example :

1) first run each tool with a timeout of 5 seconds
2) if no tool solved the pb within 1 second (not 5), rerun the tools which
were unsuccessfull with a timeout of 1 minute.
3) if no tool solves the pb within 30 seconds, rerun the tools which
were unsuccesfull with a timeout of 5 minutes.

We simply have to adjust the values in order to make Juergen and Aart
equally satisfied.

--
| Claude Marché           | mailto:Claude.Marche at lri.fr |
| LRI - Bât. 490          | http://www.lri.fr/~marche/  |