[Termination tools] Re: termination theorem data base?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue May 10 11:09:04 CEST 2005

(Hans:)

>> May be the following would be a good idea: apart from  TPDB  we have
>> TTDB: the termination theorem data base. Here all theorems are collected
>> that are useful for automatically proving termination.

(Frederic:)

> this is exactly what we are looking for! where can we get this data base?

For instance from pages 181 - 259 of TeReSe (ISBN 0 521 39115 6)
(Chapter 6 "Termination" by Hans Zantema).

It would make perfect sense to accept everything that's written there
(that was one purpose of writing that book, I guess)
and to require that tool authors provide formal statements
(and proofs, in due course) for what they want to use beyond that.
(And I accept that challenge for Matchbox.)

PS: Can we perhaps move this discussion to ONE place
(i. e. termtools OR color list)? Are both of the lists archived?
--
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --
---- http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------