[Termtools] A proposal for the next competition

Jörg Endrullis joerg at endrullis.de
Wed Feb 15 17:18:14 CET 2006

Dear Claude,

I like the idea of successive increasing the time for the problems. I
think the fast tools should profit from this. That's why I would propose
a slightly different approach with two rounds.

1) first round: with 5 seconds time-out
2) second round: run each tool on the problems that this tool has not
yet solved with time-out timeLeft/problemsLeft

Thereby fast tools would profit. For example if Aprove solves 600 of 750
problems within 1 second average, it would have 700min/150 = 4.6min for
each problem in the second round.

Kind regards,
Joerg