[Termtools] competition

Claude Marche Claude.Marche at lri.fr
Thu Jul 20 17:26:50 CEST 2006

On the web site

  http://www.lri.fr/~marche/termination-competition/2006/

you will find the report on the competition by Hans Zantema and I. In
this report we decided to keep the results for "disqualified"
tools. Let me quote the important sentence :

  Since all tools execute complicated tasks it is likely that they
  contain bugs. For two tools (CiME and MU-Term) we detected some
  obviously incorrect generated proofs.  We give their results below
  anyway, but if someone wants to use these tools, we recommend to
  contact the authors to get a bug-fixed version.

I hope this is acceptable.

- Claude

    Salvador> Dear all,
    Salvador> Zantema, H. wrote:

    >> I see your problem. I agree with giving Salvador the opportunity to withdraw: I can imagine that he prefers that over the situation where every one in the world can see him being disqualified. I would agree with this for every disqualified tool (formally or not), just like for a conference rejected papers are not made public.
    >>
    Salvador> I also (sadly) think better to withdraw MU-TERM from the 2006 competition.

    >> I do not feel comfortable with the present situation where Claude introduced disqualifying colors for his own tool......
    >>
    Salvador> Me too.

    Salvador> Best regards,

    Salvador> Salvador.

| Claude Marché           | mailto:Claude.Marche at lri.fr |
| LRI - Bât. 490          | http://www.lri.fr/~marche/  |
| Université de Paris-Sud | phoneto: +33 1 69 15 64 85  |
| F-91405 ORSAY Cedex     | faxto: +33 1 69 15 65 86    |