[Termtools] competition

Zantema, H. h.zantema at TUE.nl
Fri Jun 16 12:10:23 CEST 2006

In the mean time Cime produced two YES answers where other tools
produced NO:
TRSCS_Ex_4_4_Luc96B_FR and TRSCS_Ex_4_4_Luc96B_Z.

Since the NO is correct, unfortunately now Cime is disqualified
according the rules.

I expect that the MU-Term proof of Zantema-z12 is not correct. Salvador
(or any other having MUTerm running): can you check the system

(VAR x y )
(RULES
f(x,a(b(y))) -> f(a(a(b(b(x)))),y)
f(a(x),y) -> f(x,a(y))
f(b(x),y) -> f(x,b(y))
)

and tell me the outcome?

I propose to extend the second round list by a few extra systems. Claude
already put a system in the second round list since the only termination
proof found (by Cime) was wrong. I propose also to add Zantema-z09 and
Zantema-z10: these are two variants of the famous SUBST system for
explicit substitution. I think it is not fair that the fact that TPA
found proofs very fast causes that no 5 minute attempt will be done for
these interesting systems for the other tools. In case the second round
would have a formal meaning I can imagine to exclude these extensions
for the formal results; but I am curious about the outcome. Even if
Jambox would find a proof for these systems in several hours of
computation time, this would be an interesting observation.

            Best regards, Hans Zantema.

Dr Hans Zantema
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Department of Computer Science
P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
e-mail: H.Zantema at tue.nl, homepage: www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema
office: Hoofdgebouw room 6.73, tel: (040)2472749