[Termtools] scores over 100 %

Salvador Lucas slucas at dsic.upv.es
Fri Jun 30 11:56:20 CEST 2006

Dear all,

We also want to thank Claude and Hans for organizing the competition.
It was very exciting!

Despite the bug in our tool (which fortunately was easily fixed), we
learnt a lot from this experience. And, what I think is the most
interesting
aspect of the competition, we have developed new techniques for proving
termination of CSR which perform quite well (i.e., there was much more
than just implementation).

The impressive performance of AProVE and Jambox (especially the last
one, being the first time it gets invoved in the competition) deserves
a sincere: congratulations! Furthermore, this prepares a very interesting
FLoC conference: I am eager to know more about the new techniques
which have been used by the tools!

Best regards,

Salvador.