functional programs, was: Re: [Termtools] Next competition

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Mar 16 11:35:52 CET 2006

Dear Johannes,

>>I propose to use the syntax and the evaluation strategy of Haskell98
>>(as defined by http://haskell.org/onlinereport/).

My proposal would be to permit full Haskell98 (as we do it with
ISO-Prolog as well). Of course, not every tool that participates
in this category has to be able to deal with the full language.
If it only deals with a subset, it can return "Error" or "Maybe"
on those examples that are outside the language that it can handle.
(That is what we do with Prolog as well.)

Best Regards
Juergen