[Termtools] Re: qualification rounds completed

Claude Marché Claude.Marche at lri.fr
Mon Jun 4 14:20:34 CEST 2007

    Johannes> Dear Claude,

    Johannes> looking at the qualifiying table, the question comes up:
    Johannes> will you be running the competition in "horizontal" or "vertical" mode?

    Johannes> (for qualifiying, you seem to use "for each tool do: for each problem
    Johannes> do:..."
    Johannes> but for competition, swapping the loops would be more interesting?)

This is only for the qualification rounds. For the competition, it
will be the other way around, as usual, plus a new non-deterministic effect: since I
use a multi-processor computer, several tools will run in parallel,
and results may appear in some random order.

    Johannes> and in what order do you plan to run SRS, TRS, LP, FP ?

Indeed FP category is ready to run -> is already started.
I plan to start LP as soon as possible.

For SRS and TRS, I plan to use different computers, so they will run
in parallel. But they are not ready to start yet.

    Johannes> Let me recall that at the Nancy meeting, a majority of the
    Johannes> participants expressed
    Johannes> that 1) YES and NO counts should be added,

Done.

     and 2) problems should be
    Johannes> weighted.

Done.

    Johannes> You seem to have implemented the weight computation bases on the
    Johannes> current results.
    Johannes> That is fine. Will you also accumulate these weights (per tool) for
    Johannes> the solved problems?

What does it mean ? A weighted score ? Quite possible to do. I can
even do it after the competition started, since the scores are computed
on the fly when printing the web page.