[Termtools] polytool proof output

Peter Schneider-Kamp psk at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jun 5 06:37:08 CEST 2007

Dear Johannes,

I think that simply re-running it with a new executable that
produces a proof trace should be ok. I trust Thang to provide
an executable that only has this option flipped on but is
otherwise identical to the version that has been run now.

Due to Claude's "new non-deterministic effect" the output of
Polytool might still differ from the previous output. I would
consider it strange to punish Polytool for this effect.

Please also consider that Polytool is a first-time participant.
The rules do state that the first line "should be followed by
a proof trace of the claimed result". This "should be" is
somewhat weaker than e.g. a "must be" and could be the reason
for this misunderstanding.

Regards,
Peter