[Termtools] future of termination competitions - discussion at WST

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Jun 22 13:09:49 CEST 2007

Dear fellow competitors,

at WST in Paris we will have the opportunity to discuss
future developments w.r.t. the Termination Competition
(and the problem data base).

I volunteered to chair this discussion, and I'm collecting an agenda.
If you have specific points that should be addressed,
or (better) if you suggest specific solutions (about which we can vote)
then please send it by email to this list (preferred),
or to me, or notice me during RDP directly. (This is not to prohibit
an open discussion, but rather to focus it - as we haven't much time.)

One item on the agenda definitely is to elect the organizing committee
for the next competition. So far, candidates are Hans Zantema and I.
I think we should have three people (e.g. to break ties in case
of disagreement) so we need at least one more candidate.

So - if you are active in past competitions, consider running
for this committe, and please post your "mission statement" here.

See you,
--
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --
---- http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------