[Termtools] Upcoming competition - discussion during Nancy Workshop

Frederic Blanqui blanqui at loria.fr
Mon May 14 14:09:03 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Xavier Urbain wrote:

> I don't see the point in reading a proof before generating. What if a

we think that it is interesting to have an intermediate language for
"termination certificates" that any termination prover could output, and from
which any termination proof certifier (eg. rainbow) could generate a full
formal proof in some safe proof checker/assistant (coq, isabelle/hol, etc.)

the color workshop was intended to discuss such an intermediate language. this
is unfortunate that you didn't come.

we also took advantage of this meeting to discuss some aspects of the
termination competition. and johannes very kindly sent a summary of the
discussions to the termtools list.

> prover produce directly a checkable proof ?

then, this is no problem for you: your checkme command has nothing to do! :-)