[Termtools] proposal to vote on location of next competition

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Oct 4 19:22:59 CEST 2007

We have to decide who hosts the next termination competition.
We have two proposals (I just list the place and the head of the group)

Paris     : Olivier Pons
Innsbruck : Aart Middeldorp.

(Details of these proposals had been made available by the proposers.
Formally, this was by private email,
so I ask the authors to re-post to this list.)
If there are any questions remaining, then please ask via this list.

My plan is to give one week (until October 11) for discussion
(on the matter, and on the procedure of voting)
and then another week (until October 18) for voting. (*)

The procedure would be that committee members send email
containing at most one of "Paris" or "Innsbruck" to me.
(At the moment, I have no better method of collecting votes,
but I'm looking forward to some automation).
The place with more votes wins; in case of a tie, my vote decides.

(*) if someone suggest to shorten those durations,
and then no-one objects, then we could speed up.

Best regards, Johannes Waldmann.