[Termtools] current competition test run

Simon Bailey simon.bailey at uibk.ac.at
Thu Jul 10 12:58:34 CEST 2008

hi,

On Jul 10, 2008, at 12:44 PM, Johannes Waldmann wrote:
> There has been one technical problem:  Torpa didn't find the SAT
> solver.
> This has been repaired but the change can only be made effective
> after the current run of the SRS categories will be completed.
> So, the Torpa column in the SRS tables is meaningless for the moment.
>
> The underlying problem (for not finding the SAT solver) is this:

the slightly more technical explanation:

in previous competitions, the current working directory was added to
the $PATH environment variable. this is not standard UNIX behaviour
and as such, was not something i considered nor implemented in my
implementation. changing TORPA's runme call to add '.' to the $PATH
solves this problem, as TORPA was expecting an additional helper
program to be in the PATH.

>> my suggestion would be that tools add their working directory to
>> their
>> path themselves and call external programs from the path.
>
> Opinions?

reasoning for this suggestion: the current working directory is not
normally part of the $PATH. changing this system-wide or in the
competition environment moves away from standard behaviour, thus
requiring guesswork on part of the user who's trying to run any of
these provers.

regards,
sb
--