[Termtools] Termination competition update

Simon Bailey simon.bailey at uibk.ac.at
Tue Jun 10 08:49:42 CEST 2008

Dear all,

Douglas Adams stated that the best thing about milestones is the sound
they make as they go whooshing by. In this case, it's not that bad.
The milestone was set for the 9th, and today is the 10th. We will
start a test run of the new competition during the course of the
afternoon. This will hopefully show us that there are no bugs in the
system, but I doubt that.

We suggest that we post regular updates to the mailing list as the
results start coming in from the competition and  then go into a test
phase to make sure that some of the extra functionality (i.e.
submitting single tests) discussed in leipzig works as planned. A
short period at the beginning of this test phase will be limited to
Innsbruck, after which we will invite the community to test the system.

As yet, we have no definite timeframe for the test phase, as we're not
sure how long it will take for the competition to run completely. My
current estimate however, is that we can start the test phase next week.

If you have any technical questions, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
sb and the innsbruck termcomp managers.

--
Simon Bailey