[Termtools] status report termination competition

Aart Middeldorp Aart.Middeldorp at uibk.ac.at
Fri Mar 7 15:30:00 CET 2008

Dear all,

Here is a short status report from Innsbruck concerning the
termination competition. We obtained the designated hardware,
details of which are given below, and will be ready soon to
emulate last year's competitions. (Some tools, e.g. Jambox, don't
seem to work on a 64-bit architecture; tool authors will be
responsible for ensuring that their tools work on our hardware.)

The server is a SunFire x6400, with 8 Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm)
Processor 8220 CPUs, for a total of 16 cores. 64GB of RAM are
available. The operating system is CentOS 5.1 running an x86_64
kernel with all current CentOS updates installed.

For backward compatibility, the format of the earlier competitions
will be supported, but it will not be further developed. We started
designing a new framework, based on proper database technology, for
storing the database of termination problems and will soon address
the interface issues. Relevant documents will be made available
(well) before the Leipzig meeting in May. At this meeting, where
most tools will be represented, we will be ready to give a full
status report and enter discussions.

Greetings from Innsbruck,

TCOC (Termination Competition Organizing Committee)
termcomp at informatik.uibk.ac.at