[Termtools] results TRS-standard / colors

Zantema, H. h.zantema at TUE.nl
Mon Nov 10 11:26:36 CET 2008

> TRS-Standard is done, and we have Aprove getting more proofs than TTT2
than Jambox, both for number of YES and number of NO.

Again the power of AProVE and the speed of TTT2 is impressive:
congratulations!

On the other hand, systems like Waldmann/jwno_i for i = 2, 5, 8 are
trivially non-terminating: every ground instance of the rhs has a
subterm matching the lhs, while no tool is able to observe this.

About the colors: long time ago we decided to choose green for YES, red
for NO and yellow/orange for MAY BE or time-out. This was inspired by
the colors of traffic lights and the standard meaning of these colors:
green = OK, red = DANGER. In order to increase readability I chose not
too bright variants of red and green. In the present competition the
color for NO has been changed into dark green. Was there a motivation
for this? As was remarked short ago on this mailing list: it is to be
preferred to keep consistency in the presentation of results.

            Best regards, Hans Zantema.

Prof Dr Hans Zantema
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven / Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
Primary address: Department of Computer Science
P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
e-mail: H.Zantema at tue.nl, homepage: www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema
office: Hoofdgebouw room 6.73, tel: (040)2472749