[Termtools] Duplicate systems in category CSR

Simon Bailey simon.bailey at uibk.ac.at
Fri Oct 24 08:57:18 CEST 2008

hi,

On Oct 23, 2008, at 8:49 PM, Carsten Fuhs wrote:
> I have just had a look at the CSR category of the TPDB for the rerun
> of
> the competition of 2007:
>
> http://colo5-c703.uibk.ac.at:8080/termcomp/competition/categoryDetail.seam?categoryId=12629&cid=350
>
> There seem to be several duplicate examples in this category:
>
> I checked "tpdb-4.0/TRS/CSR/ExIntrod_Zan97.trs" (#49)
> and "tpdb-4.0/TRS/CSR/tmp/ExIntrod_Zan97.trs" (#130), and it looks
> like
> the two CSRs are identical. I presume that all CSRs with "tmp/" in
> their path are duplicates of the corresponding examples of the same
> filenames without "tmp/" in the path (in total 43 examples).
>
> The same issue arises for "tpdb-4.0/TRS/CSR/
> ExSec11_1_Luc02a.trs" (#51)
> and "tpdb-4.0/TRS/TRCSR/ExSec11_1_Luc02a.trs" (#132).
>
> What is the intended policy for these 44 examples at the upcoming
> competition?

it is a known fact that there are duplicate systems in the tpdb. when
this was discussed at the meeting in leipzig, the general consensus
was to leave these duplicate systems in the tpdb, iirc.

as far as i know, rené has written a tool that tests all of the
systems for equality modulo variable names, i think he came up with
more than 44 examples which are duplicates.

regards,
sb