[Termtools] should test results be public?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Oct 24 17:46:49 CEST 2008

> the question has arisen whether test results should be public or not.
> (making them private will involve some programming  effort).

I suggest that fixing this bug is not too important now.

I'd rather see Simon working on getting all the categories/tools
up and running. He is doing a great job at that!

The severity of the above "bug" is low if the test problems are easy,
and we have taken some steps to ensure that (TRS/AG01, SRS/Zantema).

For Matchbox, the reason why tool output is "especially uninteresting"
is that I use Rainbow, so the set of applicable proof techniques
is well-known.

Of course how to find the proof is a matter of implementation
but again I make no secret of that, e.g.
http://141.57.11.163/cgi-bin/cvsweb/box/src/Con/Strategy.hs?rev=1.25
(The trick is to make the archive large enough
so that this information is hard to find ...)

Best regards, and have a nice weekend  -  Johannes.