[Termtools] Deadline and Submission of new examples

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Oct 29 16:02:53 CET 2008

Dear all,

> I confess I don't recall why we wanted to have this 24 hour period.
> (Are there any technical reasons?)

I also don't recall why.

> But then, this Friday is a public holiday in (parts of) Germany,
> so a submission deadline before that certainly makes sense.

In other parts of Germany, Friday is not a public holiday,
but in fact Saturday is a public holiday. We expected that
the tools would have to be submitted at some time on Friday,
but not that it would be already on 00:01. We planned to
do some more work on the tool on Friday and so we would be
happy if the deadline for submission would be later on Friday
(maybe late afternoon).

> What about the other issues listed here:
>http://termination-portal.org/wiki/Termination_Competition_Steering_Committee#Proposed_Votes

I think it would be nice if one could submit a few new examples
(e.g., from papers which were published since the last competition).
This could be used to document the progress achieved since the last
competition. Adding examples to the TPDB before the competition was
always possible and so I don't see why this shouldn't be possible this time.

Best Regards
Juergen