[Termtools] upcoming competition

Aart Middeldorp Aart.Middeldorp at uibk.ac.at
Thu Oct 30 06:12:38 CET 2008

Dear Johannes,

>> Perhaps first the bylaws should
>> be discussed, voted upon, and then acted upon.
>
> Sure, I asked for this some months ago:
> http://lists.lri.fr/pipermail/termtools/2008-June/000495.html

I guess we have all been busy. I'll study them over the weekend
and provide feedback. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

> Do you suggest to postpone the start of the competition
> and handle the bylaws first?

Not really, but I will not permit that Simon puts in valuable
time to work on temporary solutions that will not survive in
the end.

> That's not a rhetorical question,
> I can see good reasons for taking that route.
> I just assumed no-one cared much for formalities.

Perhaps we are too fixated on the November 1 deadline? It will
be an ongoing competition after all, with certain fixed moments
for reporting purposes. Missing the first deadline shouldn't be
viewed as a disaster.

Cheers,

Aart