[Termtools] New Format for Certification Termination Competition

René Thiemann rene.thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Wed Aug 26 11:14:10 CEST 2009

Dear all,

we are happy to inform you that all current certifiers (CoLoR/Rainbow,
CiME/Coccinelle, CeTA) have agreed to support a common "Certification
Problem Format" (CPF). Hence, termination tools just have to output
their proofs in the CPF format and can directly use all three
certifiers.

All elements in CPF are documented, there are several examples, and
also tools are provided, e.g. there is a pretty-printer from CPF to
HTML.

We currently know that TTT2 and CiME plan to output proofs in CPF. And
we would like to encourage also every other termination tool to
provide an export to CPF. If you do so, please tell us because then
every certification tool can use your tool for tests and benchmarks.
Moreover, then perhaps some bug in your tool is detected and can be
removed.

For more details on the format just visit

http://cl-informatik.uibk.ac.at/software/cpf/

Best regards,
the CoLoR / Coccinelle / CeTA - groups