[Termtools] [color] Termination Competition 2009: Call for Participation

Frederic Blanqui frederic.blanqui at inria.fr
Wed Dec 9 01:52:06 CET 2009

Dear Juergen,

could you please give more details on the way the certified category
will be run?

 From the webpage, I can read:

"The certified categories will be run as follows:

    1. After the corresponding uncertified category of the competition
has finished, the problems that have been solved (yes or no) are
collected and form the initial selection for the certified category.
    2. Termination tools that can produce output in the new format and
that participate in the certified competition are then run on the
collection of 1, resulting in a collection of termination proofs.
(Termination provers may use a different strategy from the uncertified
competition, to increase chances of the proof being certified.)
    3. The certifiers are then run on the collection produced by 2."

In 3, what are the "certifiers"? Who is providing them? If there are n
certifiers, do you mean that you are going to run the n certifiers on
each proof provided by each tool? Finally, why do you restrict proofs to
be in the new format (CPF I guess)? If a tool implements a new
termination criterion and a certifier for it, it may be the case that
there is no corresponding proof in the CPF format (yet).

Thank you for your attention.

Frederic.