[Termtools] [Termcomp] Fwd: Re: [color] Termination Competition 2009: Call for Participation

Carsten Fuhs fuhs at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Dec 10 11:13:30 CET 2009

Dear Johannes,

On Thursday 10 December 2009 10:54, Johannes Waldmann wrote:
> BTW, what has happened to the names:
> XTC meant "xml format for Termination Certificates" (at WScT08)?
> Now XTC denotes the input format only?

this is indeed a very good question. There seems to have been a shift
in meaning for the acronym XTC over the last months.

If however we intend to stick to XTC for the termination problems
(and not for the proofs), I would propose "XML Termination Challenge"
as a "backronym" [1] for XTC.

Best regards,

  Carsten

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backronym
Carsten Fuhs          mailto:fuhs at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik 2     http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/fuhs
RWTH Aachen           phone: +49 241 80-21241