[Termtools] Benchmarks for TPDB

Harald Roman Zankl Harald.Zankl at uibk.ac.at
Wed Jun 10 12:46:06 CEST 2009

Dear all,

According to the general consensus at WST, TPDB should be divided into
categories each of which is subdivided into benchmarks. Our understanding
of this categorization is as follows:

 - A tool registers for a whole category
   (e.g. TRS, SRS, LP, LP with cuts, FP, ...) and in turn is run on every
   benchmark (e.g. for TRSs: applicative, CSR transformed, imperative,
   (peano) arithmetic, SRS transformed, ...) in this category.

 - To make the competition more thrilling (and shorter) only a (random)
   selection of every benchmark should be used.

As already pointed out by Juergen we also do not want that a tool can
just register for a single benchmark. Nevertheless benchmarking eases
joining the competition since if a tool performs excellent on just a
special class of systems then this will no longer be hidden.

Cheers, TTT2.