[Termtools] WST09 - preliminary program

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed May 20 20:10:13 CEST 2009

Dear all,

The preliminary WST09 program is posted on the web site
http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/wst09/

The afternoon session of June 3 contains information, discussion and
*decisions* on the future of the Termination Competition.
Please note the items on the (proposed) agenda
http://termination-portal.org/wiki/TC_SC_Meeting_WST09

I'd like to comment on "composition of Steering Committee":
according to current bylaws (well, we don't actually have bylaws),
each research group sends a member. We have new (sub-)groups,
and they could send new members. Existing groups could
replace their representatives. We also need to handle
(ad hoc, or in the bylaws) the case of groups that did not participate.

Also, the committee will elect a new chair,
so please send candidacy statements or nominations.
I won't run for this position. I think the committee
is too large to be able to work effectively.

Meanwhile, the host of the competition is getting some real work done.
Let's applaud Simon for working hard on extending the  competition
platform. The new "termexec" feature allows  to use the platform more
flexibly, and this should be used to make future competitions
more attractive.

Best regards, Johannes.