[Termtools] Upcoming Competition, extension of CPF-format

René Thiemann rene.thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Fri Apr 30 14:53:06 CEST 2010

Dear all,

for the upcoming certified competition, of course changes and
extension to the CPF-format have to be made, some design choices may
be optimized, etc.

(Not only) To this end, Chris and I will travel to Paris from May 11 -
13 to thoroughly discuss these matters with the CiME-group. Of course,
we would also like to include other opinions (from certifiers and
termination tools) such that the majority of the community is happy
with the outcome.

So please, tell us until May 10
- Are there elements in CPF which should be improved, e.g. is there an
element that demands too many or too few details? If so, please also
make a concrete proposal.
- Which extensions are you missing (like format for relative
termination proofs, etc.)?
   (please only for techniques that have been certified)
   Again, please make a concrete proposal.
- Is the result of the pretty printer satisfactory?
- If there are changes to the format, would backward compatibility be
important?
- ...

Please send all your feedback to cpf at informatik.uibk.ac.at so that
your feedback is accessible to the whole community and archived.

Of course, there can also be extensions to CPF after May 13, but the
idea is to reach a nearly stable version of CPF already early before
the competition starts, so that there only few major changes shortly
before the competition.

Best regards,
René