[Termtools] competition results - some comments

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Jan 21 09:30:53 CET 2010

Frederic,

thank you for the comments on the certified categories.

I encourage others to prepare similar statements
that could later be merged into a combined report on the competition
(E.g., I think I'll work with Georg on a short report
on the complexity categories).

I think we're still waiting for updates
of some of the software components used for results presentation
(e.g., display of embedded HTML - badly needed to read proofs
produced by several tools in several categories)

To the specific points you raised - I think some (most) of them
only arise because the organization of the complexity category
was changed (from previous competition) and the changes were
made visible only very shortly before the start of the competition.
(At least that was my impression - I was not following the
"certified" developments closely because I was focused
on entering the complexity category.)

Don't get this wrong - change is necessary, if it expresses progress
(the unified certificate format) but it seems to always come
with technical problems.

One purpose of this instance of the competition
was to test the current state of the execution platform,
in order to see what should/could be done
towards the competition in summer 2010.
If you have comments/proposals/requests in that direction,
then please post them here (if it's of a general nature)
or make an entry in the bugzilla database (if it's concrete).

Best regards, Johannes.