[Termtools] Full Run of the Termination Competition 2013: Call for Participation

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Dec 13 18:17:07 CET 2013

          Full Run of the Termination Competition 2013
                                Call for Participation

http://www.termination-portal.org/wiki/Termination_Competition_2013

The Termination Competition 2013 took place on June 24-26 during
the RDP/RTA conference. In this competition, the tools were run on a
randomly
selected subset of the available problems of the respective category. A
category
was only run if there were at least 2 participants and at least 40 examples
for
this category in the underlying termination problem data base (TPDB).

To provide an overview on the full state of the art in automated
termination analysis,
in the forthcoming full run, all categories of the TPDB will be considered
and the tools
will run on all examples of the respective category.

By default, every tool that participated in this year's competition in June
will also participate
in the full run. However, the tool authors may upload a fixed version of
the tool or change
the selection of categories for their tool. Moreover, new participants and
tools are also welcome
to register for the forthcoming full run.

So no action is required by teams that already participated in the
Termination Competition
in June 2013, except if they want to change their tool.

Important dates
---------------------

Deadline for changing or submitting tools: December 20, 2013
Start of full run: December 23, 2013
Results of the full run: end of January, 2014

General Information on the Termination Competition

In the last years, many research groups developed tools for fully
automated termination analysis.

After a tool demonstration at the 2003 Termination Workshop in
Valencia, the community decided to start an annual termination
competition to spur the development of tools and new termination
techniques.

The termination competition focuses on automated termination
analysis for all kinds of programming paradigms, including
categories for term rewriting, logic programming, functional
programming, and imperative programming. Moreover, there are
also categories for automated complexity analysis. In all
categories, we also welcome the participation of tools providing
certified proofs. The goal of the termination competition is to
demonstrate the power of the leading tools in each of these areas.