[Termtools] Termination Competition 2013: Deadline extended to June 19

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jun 17 17:38:15 CEST 2013

                 Termination Competition 2013
                         June 24-26

http://www.termination-portal.org/wiki/Termination_Competition_2013

                    Call for Participation

In the last years, many research groups developed tools for fully
automated termination analysis.

After a tool demonstration at the 2003 Termination Workshop in
Valencia, the community decided to start an annual termination
competition to spur the development of tools and new termination
techniques.

The termination competition focuses on automated termination
analysis for all kinds of programming paradigms, including
categories for term rewriting, logic programming, functional
programming, and imperative programming. Moreover, there will
also be categories for automated complexity analysis. In all
categories, we also welcome the participation of tools providing
certified proofs. The goal of the termination competition is to
demonstrate the power of the leading tools in each of these areas.

The competition will take place "live" during the RDP/RTA conference
(http://www.win.tue.nl/rdp2013/). The results of the competition
will be presented as part of the RTA program. In every category, all
participating tools of that category are run on a randomly selected
subset of the available problems. A category is only run if there are
at least 2 participants and at least 40 examples for this category
in the underlying termination problem data base.

We strongly encourage all developers of termination tools to participate
in the competition. Moreover, tools are also encouraged to participate
in as many categories of the competition as possible.

If there is no category that is convenient for your tool, you
can contact the organizers, since other categories can be considered
as well if enough participants are guaranteed.

We also encourage the submission of termination problems,
especially problems that come from applications.

Important dates

Software requests:   May 27  2013, 13:01 CEST

Problem submission:  June 10 2013, 13:01 CEST

Tool submission:     June 19 2013, 13:01 CEST

Competition start:   June 24 2013, 09:00 CEST