[Termtools] testing starexec for termination

Carsten Fuhs fuhs at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 21 18:21:52 CET 2014

Dear Johannes,

thank you very much for running the tests on starexec! There is one
aspect that is troubling me. On

https://wiki.uiowa.edu/display/stardev/User+Guide#UserGuide-Solvers

the section on "Special Variables" says:

| $STAREXEC_MAX_MEM
|
| The maximum amount of memory your job pair can consume before being
| terminated. This is not user configurable and has a current limit of
| 768,000KB (750MB).

Only 750 MB RAM is a certain setback after half a decade of running
TermComp on a machine with 65,536 MB. This would also discourage the
recent trend towards tool configurations that keep the 16 cores of the
competition machine occupied (and thus also tend to use more RAM).

Is there a way to convince the starexec administrators to raise the
memory limit to a higher level (several GB)?

Best regards,

  Carsten