[Termtools] C category: x = x++ statements

Matthias Heizmann heizmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jul 21 16:01:56 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 21 July 2015 15:48:43 Juergen Giesl wrote:
> I also think that the best solution would be to change this typo in the
> examples.

It is definitely a typo.

History of these examples:

1. Used in the following publication
2012SAS  - Hong Yi Chen, Shaked Flur, and Supratik Mukhopadhyay Termination
Proofs for Linear Simple Loops.

2. Available at the following URL in pseudocode (already with typo)
https://tigerbytes2.lsu.edu/users/hchen11/lsl/LSL_benchmark.txt

3. A former student of mine transformed it into a C program.
(Unfortunately, I probably asked him to copy exactly these examples)

4. We submitted the example to SV-COMP

Matthias

PS: I will also submit a patch the SV-COMP that replaces the
"z = z++;" by "z = z + 1"