[Termtools] Some concerns about C/AProVE_memory_alloca examples

Thomas Ströder stroeder at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 27 13:41:13 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I would vote for an additional rule "defining" the behavior of programs
in such cases:

"Read access to allocated, but uninitialized memory is assumed to just
return a non-deterministic value."

Would all participants of the C category be fine with this rule or does
some tool treat this as undefined behavior and consider the program not
to be memory-safe? In the former case, this would solve the problem for
now and I would add the rule to the ones on termination-portal. In the
latter case, I fear that there is no other fair solution than patching
or removing the examples as their intention is definitely not to expose
undefined behavior.

Best regards,

  Thomas