[Termtools] starexec / termcomp

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Sun Jun 12 16:07:50 CEST 2016

Dear all,

(This is not an official statement by the Termcomp SC. There will be.)

1. In preparation for this year's termination competition,
you might want to follow some discussion during
the SMT competition (currently running, or recently finished)
regarding the starexec execution platform.
E.g., this is about stack size:
http://cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/smt-comp/2016/000406.html

The standard place for (public, archived) starexec
announcements and discussion is still http://starexec.lefora.com .
E.g., this interesting question came up recently:
http://starexec.lefora.com/topic/97/Authentic-Benchmarks-for-PostProcessing

2. For this year's termcomp, I could use some input
on how to best approach the following problem:

* how does a participant register/updates his registration?

In previous years, this was by email to me.
This is cumbersome and error-prone.
I can do this for the initial registration,
but updates (that is, new solver/configuration ids
for registered participant)
should be handled more automatically.
Of course it should be safe (Team X cannot change registration
of Team Y) - but I want to avoid dealing with a users/accounts
system (I don't want to build/maintain one,
and I cannot re-use starexec's system
because I don't want to see your starexec passwords)

We can chat about this (and other stuff) during FSCD,
but I will be there only for two days at the end
(IFIP meeting and day before).
So, provisional termcomp meeting on Saturday (June 25) night?
You can also submit technical ideas here
https://github.com/stefanvonderkrone/star-exec-presenter/issues/97

Best regards, Johannes.