[Termtools] [EXTERNAL] Re: Termination Problem Database Licence

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Aug 7 12:36:38 CEST 2018

Hi.

We need to distinguish:

* licensing for new benchmarks
  (we can just require that submitters use a certain license)
* licensing for existing benchmarks
  (harder? because we need to reach the submitters/authors)

In any case, I think that (after this discussion on termtools)
the termcomp SC should judge

* whether we want to take action at all,
* if so, what action.

I think we should avoid different licenses in subdirectories.

Really, I don't think this is a problem that needs to be solved.

But I do think that we should add more documentation to TPDB,
cf. http://www.termination-portal.org/wiki/TPDB#Sources

And I do think we need more benchmarks!

I am currently doing experiments with random benchmark generation
(for SRS termination).

- Johannes.