[Termtools] Bug in MU-TERM

Raul Gutierrez rgutierrez at dsic.upv.es
Fri Mar 22 08:42:49 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

As you have noticed, I introduced a bug in the last version of  MU-TERM. It affects to the innermost SCC processor,  where the tool says that there is no SCCs on very simple DP-problems.

For example, in HirokawaMiddeldorp_04/n006.xml, it says:

SCC Processor:
20.04/20.15	-> Pairs:
20.04/20.15	 F(g(x2:S)) -> F(g(g(x2:S)))
20.04/20.15	-> Rules:
20.04/20.15	 f(x:S) -> f(g(x:S))
20.04/20.15	->Strongly Connected Components:
20.04/20.15	 There is no strongly connected component

Therefore, it can affect to every proof that uses this processor in the TRS, SRS and iTRS categories.

I know in previous years this has been solved in very different ways. Which is the protocol for buggy tools right now?

Thank you,
Raúl.