[Termination tools] termination competition

H. Zantema hzantema at win.tue.nl
Thu Feb 10 13:20:39 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Johannes Waldmann wrote:

> > * For all participating tools the executable should be freely available.
>
> my proposal actually was more specific:
>
> "the executable that is used in the contest
> should be made available by the contest organizers,
> on the contest web page."

Sure, this is was Claude and I agreed, so I propose to put this in this more
detailed way as part of the rules on the competition web page. We only speak
about 'competition' rather than 'contest'. My dictionary is partly circular:
'competition' is described as 'contest for the same object', while 'contest'
is described as 'struggle for victory', 'competition', and some more. Since
until now we always called it 'termination competition', I propose to keep
'competition' as the default.

		Best regards, Hans Zantema.

|   Dr Hans Zantema                    |   Hoofdgebouw   kamer 6.73  |
|   Faculteit Wiskunde en Informatica  |   tel (040)2472749          |
|   Technische Universiteit Eindhoven  |   fax (040)2468508          |
|   Postbus 513     5600 MB Eindhoven  |   e-mail  H.Zantema at tue.nl  |
|   The Netherlands                    |   www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema  |