[Termination tools] termination competition

H. Zantema hzantema at win.tue.nl
Thu Mar 3 17:20:03 CET 2005

Dear colleagues,

The termination competition webpage

http://www.lri.fr/~marche/termination-competition/2005/

has been updated. Please note the deadlines. In particular we should
like to receive new termination problems for TPDB by March 11, that
is within one week.

There are some minor changes in the format:

* Both VAR and RULES are mandatory now for TRSs, and RULES is mandatory
  for SRSs. This was triggered by the observation that everything which
  is not recognized by the syntax is considered as comment, by which a
  typo in VAR will cause that all intended variable symbols are
  considered to be constants. This change was the most compatible
  change by which this kind of typo could be recognized.

* The symbol ->= is added in order to deal with relative termination.
  For proving SN(R/S) the rules from R should be written using -> and
  the rules from S should be written using ->=

--

		Best regards, Claude Marche and Hans Zantema.

|   Dr Hans Zantema                    |   Hoofdgebouw   kamer 6.73  |
|   Faculteit Wiskunde en Informatica  |   tel (040)2472749          |
|   Technische Universiteit Eindhoven  |   fax (040)2468508          |
|   Postbus 513     5600 MB Eindhoven  |   e-mail  H.Zantema at tue.nl  |
|   The Netherlands                    |   www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema  |