[Termination tools] Re: termination competition

H. Zantema hzantema at win.tue.nl
Mon Mar 14 11:22:12 CET 2005

Dear colleagues,

On

http://www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema/tpdb.zip

you may find my proposal for the new version of TPDB, to be used for the
competition.

The main changes:

* several extensions, roughly from three sources: the AProVE group,
  the Matchbox group and the TORPA group;

* removal of duplicates; it turned out that the old version TPDB04 contained
  over 70 duplicates: systems that were exactly the same up to the names
  of the symbols and the order of the rules;

* reorganization of the structure: now there are three directories
  TRS, LP and SRS containing the termination problems in the corresponding
  categories. Unfortunately no new extensions for the LP category have
  been submitted.

Some people asked me to shorten names in TPDB. For reasons of compatibility
I did not do this for systems from TPDB04. However, for new systems I
shortened names if they were very long and/or hard to read (e.g. containing
symbols < and >).

		Best regards, Hans Zantema.

|   Dr Hans Zantema                    |   Hoofdgebouw   kamer 6.73  |
|   Faculteit Wiskunde en Informatica  |   tel (040)2472749          |
|   Technische Universiteit Eindhoven  |   fax (040)2468508          |
|   Postbus 513     5600 MB Eindhoven  |   e-mail  H.Zantema at tue.nl  |
|   The Netherlands                    |   www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema  |