[Termination tools] Competition on Logic Programs

Juergen Giesl giesl at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 23 15:41:55 CET 2005

Dear Hans,

> So let us decide by now to have no LP competition this year, but
> probably next year, and all LP examples remain in TPDB.

Ok.

> By the way, the last version of TPDB is available on
>
> 	http://www.lri.fr/~marche/tpdb/

Fine.

Did you already decide which categories we should have
for the competition? My proposal would be to determine
the categories based on syntactical criteria:

- Ordinary TRSs (no evaluation strategy, no equations,
   no relative rules, no conditions)

- TRSs with innermost evaluation strategy (no equations,
   no relative rules, no conditions)

- TRSs with outermost evaluation strategy (no equations,
   no relative rules, no conditions)

- TRSs with context-sensitive evaluation strategy (no equations,
   no relative rules, no conditions)

- TRSs with AC-equations (no evaluation strategy,
   no relative rules, no conditions)

- TRSs with relative rules (relative termination problems),
   no evaluation strategy, no equations, no conditions

- Conditional TRSs

- Ordinary SRSs (no evaluation strategy, no relative rules)

- SRSs with relative rules (no evaluation strategy)

Then every TRS- and SRS-example should hopefully fall into exactly one
category (or did I miss something?). Every tool can then
decide on the categories it wants to participate in.
If there is a category where there are less than 2 tools
competing, my proposal would be not to have a competition in
the category, but to keep the examples in the TPDB nevertheless
(similar to the LP-category).

What do you think?

Best Regards
Juergen