[Termtools] some remarks

Aart Middeldorp Aart.Middeldorp at uibk.ac.at
Mon Aug 7 09:43:24 CEST 2006

Here are some random remarks on the termination competition:

- This year's competition was exciting, but surely it can be
   made more exciting by (first) running the participating tools
   with a small timeout on a subset of the problems.

- Jambox is not only very powerful, it produces nice output and
   is also pretty fast.

- Rather than adding new categories, we should consider dropping
   existing ones which repeatedly fail to attract a sufficient
   number of tools.

- Is TEPARLA different from last year's version?

- I fully support Johannes' call for a live session at WST.

- TTT did not participate this year. The new tool TTTbox did
   participate. From the report one may get the impression that
   it was the other way around.

Hope to see you all at WST next week!

Aart