[Termtools] HofWald 7

Koprowski, A. A.Koprowski at tue.nl
Thu Jun 15 16:32:03 CEST 2006

> Cime also proved termination of the standard base
> of combinatory logik CL(S,K,I) (TRS/SK90 - 4.40)
> This is, well, not exactly the orthodox viewpoint.
>
> To me it shows that we really should work towards the goal
> of automated verification.
  I'm glad to hear that!

> We need to define a "proof tree"
> format. (Matchbox is using a home-brewn tree format for TRS.)
  That's exactly what CoLoR (http://color.loria.fr) project is trying to
do. There's been an initial discussion on the format of the proof
output. I think soon we should pick up this topic again.

> One potential problem might be that such a proof tree
> represents the result but not the search (but a search trace
> could be output to stderr independently).
  But why would we need a trace of the search? If we want to verify the
correctness of the proof produced by a tool then we need to examine the
proof itself but the way in which it was found is irrelevant for that.

  Kind regards,
   Adam Koprowski

 Adam Koprowski, (A.Koprowski at tue.nl, http://www.win.tue.nl/~akoprows)
 Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
 The difference between impossible and possible lies in determination
      Tommy Lasorda