[Termtools] disqualifications

Claude Marche Claude.Marche at lri.fr
Mon Jun 19 10:15:41 CEST 2006

The competition engine is restarted now. CiME answers are displayed in
different colors, and results are ignored when decided if the problem
is solved or not.

About the disqualification rules : although the rules do not say that
a wrong proof is a reason for disqualification, I think it should be
the case. For the next competition, I propose it is.

I think we should not be too strict about wrong answers,
especially about special cases like a variable of the rhs not
appearing in the lhs. On the other hand, if it is clear that there is
a major bug in the tool, such as :

. for CiME : a bug in the RPO
. for Muterm :  a bug in the computation of the dependency graph

then we should disqualify the tool. The main reason being that we cannot
trust the answer. Of course, it is possible to check the proof given
to see if it is correct. But for that, we need a formal language for
proofs and an automatic  proof checker. This is indeed a very good
reason why we should go further into this direction !

For the moment, I did not mark MuTerm as disqualified, I wait for your
opinions.

--
| Claude Marché           | mailto:Claude.Marche at lri.fr |
| LRI - Bât. 490          | http://www.lri.fr/~marche/  |