[Termtools] secret problems

H. Zantema hzantema at win.tue.nl
Wed May 31 15:59:40 CEST 2006

Last year the number of secret problems was 5 per category. Indeed I see
on the web page that (without I was aware of it) this has been changed to
10.

So it is 10 per category.

I am not in favour of having separate secret problems per subcategory: a
main goal of the secret problems is that also the other tools apply on
them, and for subcategories there are only very few 'other tools'.

Moreover, for a fair competition rules should not be changed so short
before the deadlines. So even if there are good reasons for changing the
rules, this should not be done now but for the 2007 competition.

--

		Best regards, Hans Zantema.

|   Dr Hans Zantema                    |   Hoofdgebouw   kamer 6.73  |
|   Faculteit Wiskunde en Informatica  |   tel (040)2472749          |
|   Technische Universiteit Eindhoven  |   fax (040)2468508          |
|   Postbus 513     5600 MB Eindhoven  |   e-mail  H.Zantema at tue.nl  |
|   The Netherlands                    |   www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema  |