[Termtools] context-sensitive

H. Zantema hzantema at win.tue.nl
Wed May 31 16:37:09 CEST 2006

Rene wrote:

> What is the semantics of underspecified symbols in context-sensitive
rewriting as in the following example. (there are several new examples in
TPDB which are underspecified)

For me it is most natural that rewriting is allowed everywhere unless
specified otherwise. So if g does not occur in the contextsensitive
declaration, then g is treated like a normal symbol and rewriting
below g is allowed, just like an unspecified symbol in rewriting modulo
AC is not taken modulo AC. So let's take this as the default.
--

		Best regards, Hans Zantema.

|   Dr Hans Zantema                    |   Hoofdgebouw   kamer 6.73  |
|   Faculteit Wiskunde en Informatica  |   tel (040)2472749          |
|   Technische Universiteit Eindhoven  |   fax (040)2468508          |
|   Postbus 513     5600 MB Eindhoven  |   e-mail  H.Zantema at tue.nl  |
|   The Netherlands                    |   www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema  |