[Termtools] Future of the Termination Competition

Zantema, H. h.zantema at TUE.nl
Thu Jul 26 15:43:17 CEST 2007

We agreed on the following format for a steering committee of the
Termination Competition:

*         There is a steering committee responsible for all decisions.

*          Every participating tool may have a representative in the
steering committee.

*          The steering committee elects a chair for a fixed period
(e.g. two years) responsible for initiating and reporting processes.

*          Some one else is the organizer who runs the competition.

In the mean time I got several reactions from people willing to be
member of the steering committee, all representing a tool / location:

Juergen Giesl

Dieter Hofbauer

Salvador Lucas

Aart Middeldorp

Olivier Pons

Johannes Waldmann

Hans Zantema

My proposal is that from now on the steering committee consists of these
seven people. In case a participant of the 2007 competition is not
represented and wants to be represented, please inform me, then you can
be added.

A next step will be the election of the chair and the organizer.  These
are not independent (they should be disjoint, and may be one person is
candidate for both positions), so I propose that we elect both, before
the elected chair takes over my present role of taking the initiative.
Can you (members of the above proposed steering committee) inform me
whether you are a candidate for being the chair and/or the organizer? I
know of three candidates for being the organizer, but may be some of
them withdraw, or others are candidate too.

            Best regards, Hans Zantema.

Dr Hans Zantema
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Department of Computer Science
P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
e-mail: H.Zantema at tue.nl, homepage: www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema
office: Hoofdgebouw room 6.73, tel: (040)2472749