[Termtools] Location of the Termination Competition

Zantema, H. h.zantema at TUE.nl
Fri Sep 7 10:18:48 CEST 2007

Dear colleagues,

It has been silent on the termtools list for some time. However, this
does not mean that nothing happened.

In investigating possible locations for running the ongoing competition
there were a few candidates.

In order to avoid uncontrolled discussions on this topic we had some
further discussions off-line, resulting in the decision that the ongoing
competition will be hosted by

Aart Middeldorp in Innsbruck. He writes:

As designated hardware for the competition we offer

- 2 Sunfire x4600, each running 8 Dual Core AMD Opteron (64 bit)

   processors at 2.6GHz each, resulting in 32 64bit cores with a

   total of 128GB RAM (64GB per machine)

In addition to support by PhD students (who know about termination) we
offer programming support (databases, web services, access) by the
full-time system administrator in my group.

The hardware will arrive in November. We expect that early next year we
can run this year's tools on this year's problems. After defining the
process of tool and problem submission, everything should be ready in
May, in time to report on the competition at RTA 2008 (if desired).

(end of citation)

I think we may be very happy with this offer, and I look forward to the
implementation.

In the mean time two more people asked to be member of the steering
committee, representing tools that were not yet represented. In this way
the steering committee now consists of the following nine people

Joerg Endrullis

Juergen Giesl

Dieter Hofbauer

Salvador Lucas

Aart Middeldorp

Etienne Payet

Olivier Pons

Johannes Waldmann

Hans Zantema

The next step will be that this steering committee elects a chair among
its members. I will send a separate mail about this to the steering
committee.

In the signature below you see that my affiliation has been extended.
Since September 1 I am a professor for one day a week in Nijmegen. The
rest of the week I stay here in Eindhoven.

            Best regards, Hans Zantema.

Prof Dr Hans Zantema
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven / Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
Primary address: Department of Computer Science
P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
e-mail: H.Zantema at tue.nl, homepage: www.win.tue.nl/~hzantema
office: Hoofdgebouw room 6.73, tel: (040)2472749