[Termtools] subscription requests for gmail.com

Claude Marché Claude.Marche at inria.fr
Tue Dec 9 09:05:50 CET 2008

Frederic Blanqui wrote:
> Claude Marché a écrit :
>
>> Recently, I had to manage subscription requests coming from the
>> gmail.com domain, for which I have no means to check whether these are
>> regular requests. For info, pending requests are from
>
> Did you try to send a mail to these people?

This what I do when I want to get some "authentification".

>> In the future, I will just discards those requests. If you want your
>  > students to register, please tell them to use their institution
>  > address,
>  > and possibly send me a mail to present themselves, if they have no web
>  > page or whatever, since I'm unable to decide whether they are really
>  > working on termination techniques.
>
> This is a too strong policy I think. Why to be so strict? Do you receive
> so many requests? Why not allow any request (after some authentification
> by the server) and banish afterwards email addresses that do spam? It
> will save time to every body.

If you have any suggestion on modifying the current setting of the
mailing list, please tell me. (This is managed by the mailman system)

--
Claude Marché                          | tel: +33 1 72 92 59 69
INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France           | mobile: +33 6 33 14 57 93