[Termtools] Outermost Category

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Mon Nov 3 09:48:17 CET 2008

Jörg - thanks for setting up the wiki page.
http://termination-portal.org/wiki/Outermost

As much as I welcome activity in the competition,
I think we're on too tight a schedule
to add a new category one day before the deadline.

As there seemed to be some open questions
(e.g. on selection of problems),
I'm not sure that the intention was to have
the category active now.

(Could the listed participants (on the wiki page)
please add an indication on when they'd be ready to compete.)

Technically it would perhaps be possible
but with software systems there's always a chance
of perplexing bugs after last-minute changes.

And even without bugs, building the category
would occupy Simon for some time, and distract him
from preparations to start the competition as planned.

If the "outermost people" are determined to have the
category now, we'd have to get a workload estimate from Simon
and then call for a vote in the Steering Committee.
It appears to be rather late for that
(the committee may simply refuse to vote on such short notice).

So I suggest to have "outermost" at some later date.

Best regards, Johannes.