[Termtools] Outermost Category

joerg at endrullis.de joerg at endrullis.de
Mon Nov 3 10:30:56 CET 2008

Yes, I agree.

Then we should vote on a date for the outermost competition:

(A1) November 21, 2008
(A2) December 12, 2008
(A3) later

I vote for (A1) or (A2) since there has been a lot of progress
in outermost termination this year and therefore we
should also have an "outermost competition" this year still.

Second, we should vote on the examples to include:

(B1) Examples with "STRATEGY OUTERMOST".
(B2) Examples with "STRATEGY OUTERMOST".
    and
    all TRS (standard category) which no tool proved
    to be terminating in the 2008 competition.
    (that includes the non-terminating TRS)
(B3) feel welcome to suggest another set of examples

In case of (B2) we might want to vote on the scoring function
to prevent that the outermost category will be dominated
by 500 examples from the TRS standard category:

(C1) Weight the TRS standard category examples with factor 0.5.
(C2) Split the score in 50 points for "STRATEGY OUTERMOST"
     and 50 points for the TRS standard examples. The winner
     of the respective category gets the full 50 points,
     the other tools get points do to the percentage of solved
     with respect to the winner.
(C3) feel welcome to suggest another scoring function

Should we turn this into an electronic voting on the wiki page?

Kind regards,
Joerg